Monday 7 November 2016

MATLAB android sensor support package

I want this post to keep updating as well. I want to pitch in ideas and applications that I hear or I came up, using the mobile phone sensors. 
The MATLAB Support Package for Android sensors lets you to acquire data from supported android sensors. We could easily get measurements that include Acceleration data on 3-axes, Magnetic field on 3-axes, azimuth, pitch, roll, latitude, longitude, horizontal accuracy, speed and course. 
  
The things I came up with are: 
1) Monitoring your own daily routine by first obtaining the data from your mobile phone sensors while you do your daily activities. And letting the machine alert or remind in case we miss.

2) Getting the data while we drive and apply it to locate possible road maneuvers and bad roads. 

3) To classify stylus and hand using the magnetic field. Don't know how to do this yet, but I believe there should be a way to recognize stylus and palm (and ignoring the palm) while writing, in a better way with the use of these sensors. 

No comments:

Post a Comment